the Microports

Richard Ducoty duc at mport.COM
Thu Nov 15 03:56:51 AEST 1990

rcd at ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) writes:

>duc at mport.COM (Richard Ducoty) writes about Bill Kennedy's disgruntlement
>with "Microport":

>> From your recent posts and others, it is obvious you have a grudge against
>> Microport Systems.  We are not Microport Systems - we're Microport Inc.  This
>> is an entirely new company; new people, new site, etc...
>>...I would hope that
>> you would judge us on our actions and products, not those of another company
>> with a similar name.

>ance of a connection, on your evil-twin company.  Just as friendly advice,
>it's better to take the good with the bad; you can't expect to trade on the
>name only until you find an unhappy Microport Systems customer, then
>disavow any connection.  Wouldn't it make more sense to try to establish
>yourselves as a successor-of-sorts, trying to take on what the old Micro-
>port was aiming at technically, ...

You make some good points here, but I don't consider the old company an
'evil twin'.  Perhaps I put too much space between the two Microports,
hoping that Mr. Kennedy would disassociate us from his rancor toward the
old company.
----------------------

>> If you have ever been involved in the software business you must realize that
>> a few people inadvertently fall between the cracks...

>Another bit of friendly advice:  It's not wise to address unknown people
>with unknown connections in a condescending manner.   ...  Dick Dunn

I have to take issue with you here.  I wasn't being condescending here, and
I don't appreciate it being cast in that light.  I am appreciative of your
advice, but please send the inflammatory comments via e-mail.

		Richard

Richard Ducoty		         (*)(*)				duc at mport.COM
Microport Inc.		            \				uunet!mport!duc
voice=> (408) 438-8649	            <	 		  fax=> (408) 438-7560