SYSVR4 Upgrade

Linas Petras linas at hparc0.HP.COM
Sun Nov 4 17:36:42 AEST 1990

With all the different companies now bringing out SYSVR4, is their any reason
that if company X says that they will give a discount from release 3.x to
release 4.x, that if I have a release 3.x from a company other than the one
that is offering the upgrade, that I should not get the upgrade from company X
???

Is their a legal reason that company X cannot sell me the upgrade ?????. The
reason for the question is that DELL computers are offering an upgrade from
3.2 to 4.x for $399, for the 1-2 user version.