Looking for i386 versions that support >16Meg memory

Charlie Sauer sauer at dell.dell.com
Sun Nov 4 11:22:14 AEST 1990

In article <99 at maxx.UUCP> tyager at maxx.UUCP (Tom Yager) writes:
>In article <728 at bulus3.BMA.COM>, haugen at bulus3.BMA.COM (John M. Haugen) writes:
>> I know Interactive Unix does not support more than 16 megabytes of memory.
>> Would there be other versions of Sys V based Unix that support more than
>> 16 megabytes of memory?
>>
>> Does SCO, Everex, Intel, and the others also have this limit??
>
>I'm running an Altos System 5000 (486/EISA) with 32MB of memory. It runs an
>Altos-modified version of SCO UNIX.
>
>I find nothing in the Interactive UNIX release notes about a 16MB limit, or
>about the lifting of such a limit. I have never run ISC on more than 16MB.
>
>I would hope that EISA and MCA support would include the ability to address
>more than 16 MB.

Dell V.3 is a superset of Interactive 2.0.2.  Interactive 2.0.2 required a
number of modifications to work with more than 16MB.  Dell V.3 and Dell V.4 have
both been tested up to 64MB with Dell 425TE and 433TE systems.
--
Charlie Sauer       Dell Computer Corp.        !'s:uunet!dell!sauer
(512) 343-3310      9505 Arboretum Blvd        @'s:sauer at dell.com
                    Austin, TX 78759-7299