SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Wed Nov 28 16:10:55 AEST 1990

In article <27519123.34A2 at tct.uucp> chip at tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>Unless we, the developers and users, keep the pressure on SCO, there
>will never be a C2-free version of "SCO Unix."  And that would be a
>pity.  Let's keep reminding them of what we want.

With all due respect, I'm still wondering why the marketplace so
desperately needs a fixed SCO UNIX in particular.  There are only about
seven other vendors out there, just about all of whom do it right.  You
have the vanilla AT&T/Intel branch and then the value-added Interactive
derivatives, in all kinds of price ranges and with all sorts of hardware
and software support arrangements.  Other than for the sake of blind
Neanderthal die-hard hold-over (misplaced) product loyalty from the
utterly different days of that utterly different product Xenix, or out
of sheer customer ignorance of any other name, why the @*&#$^ does
anyone care *what* SCO does?  UNIX is a commodity: take your best deal.

--
The most common given name in the world is Mohammad; | Tom Neff
the most common family name in the world is Chang.   |