AHA1542B & MiniScribe 9380S & The Friggin Floppy Drive

Stephen M. Youndt steve at hacker.UUCP
Wed Oct 3 21:42:44 AEST 1990

In article <1385 at ke4zv.UUCP>, gary at ke4zv.UUCP (Gary Coffman) writes:
> Ok, this may be stupid, but, I think you have the cable for the floppy
> on the AHA1542 upside down. Pin one, the red stripe, should be toward
> the front of the computer.

Honest, I did try flipping the cable, but to no avail (except a different error
message "Cannot access floppy drive A").  This does, however, seem to be what
everybody else thinks too, so I'll try again this evening.  Whether or not
it works, you'll be hearing from me.  I'll post a summary of the useful
suggestions. -- SMY
--
Stephen M. Youndt       /   "Remember, no matter where you go,
uunet!hacker!steve     /     there you are."  -- B. Banzai