Everex tape driver for ISC

Art Neilson art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Fri Sep 14 03:33:51 AEST 1990

In article <shj.653168062 at dkuugin> shj at login.dkuug.dk (Stig Jacobsen) writes:

>Does anyone know of an Interactive sys V compatible driver for
>Everex external tape streamers ? The tape drive is Wangtek, and
>the controller seems to be also, bit the firmware is Everex
>homebrew so the Wangtek driver that comes with ISC does not work.
>It initializes the drive correctly, seems to do what tar tells it
>to do, but nothing gets on the tape. That is also a wellknown
>problem with Novell's tape utility that supports the Wangtek
>driver.

I had an internal Exerex tape drive which used cassette sized
cartridges and an Everex controller, the combo worked just fine.
I did have to set the IRQ correctly, however.  The Everex card
comes set for IRQ 3, this conflicts with COM2 I believe.  The
wt driver is set up for IRQ 5 in the /etc/conf stuff, just
jumper the Everex card for IRQ 5 and it should work fine.
Arthur W. Neilson III		| ARPA: art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Bank of Hawaii Tech Support	| UUCP: uunet!ucsd!nosc!pegasus!pilikia!art