Odd problem with AHA1542B, Archive tape, and Micropolis disk

Marc T. Kaufman kaufman at Neon.Stanford.EDU
Thu Sep 20 01:55:47 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep19.042306.261 at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us> johnl at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us (John R. Levine) writes:

>The problem seems to be that the disk is responding to all 8 SCSI addresses.
>When I run the diagnostic in the adapter BIOS, it reports that there is a
>disk at every SCSI address.

When this happens, it usually means the disk is set to the same SCSI ID as the
HOST. As every selection has the host's ID bit set, in addition to whatever
target ID is desired, the unit will respond to all selection requests.

Sorry, I can't help with the jumpers.

Marc Kaufman (kaufman at Neon.stanford.edu)