Problems FTPing from 36.102.0.32

Ross Biro bir7 at portia.Stanford.EDU
Fri Sep 14 04:46:30 AEST 1990

In article <608 at janus.Quotron.com> cws at janus.Quotron.com (Craig W. Shaver) writes:
>In article <1990Sep9.015044.16607 at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au>, exnirad at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Nirad Sharma) writes:
>> Every time I try to FTP from 36.102.0.32 I get a "out of stream resources"
>> error. The host from which I am FTPing is fine (I have FTPed large files
>> recently). What's up ?  (transcript follows)

>> If this is a well-known problem with this server could someone inform me of
>> alternative means of getting to it, please.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Nirad Sharma  (exnirad at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au)
>> Continuing Education Unit
>> The University of QUeensland
>> AUSTRALIA

>I have had a lot of problems ftp'ing the compiled emacs code (some 7mb)
>from this site also.  It aborts the session with a time out.  (???)
>I figured I would just try to compile the 18.55 sources and see what
>happens.  This is just my 2 cents worth, I want to thank them for providing
>the access, and I have gotten a lot of good from it.

The problem is that the ESIX ftp deamon will munch streams resouces when
talking to certain versions of ftp.  Sun OS 4.1 (I think) is the only
one that I'm sure causes the problem.  The only suggestion I can make
is to try a different computer/OS or get ESIX to fix the problem.

By the way ypig.stanford.edu (36.102.0.32) has been disconnected from the
net for about a week and will come back with a new IP number (36.103.?.?).
The name will still be ypig.stanford.edu, so If you use a nameserver, you
should not be affected.

	Ross Biro bir7 at portia.stanford.edu