286 -> 386sx Upgrades

Tom Frauenhofer tvf at cci632.UUCP
Thu Sep 20 22:21:32 AEST 1990

I have a 286 system that I want to upgrade to a 386sx.  Before I jump in and
buy a motherboard is there anything I should look out for?  Ideally, I would
like to be able to drop the ram from my 286 straight into the 386sx (I know,
It might be a little slower, but funding limitations and all that).  And which
BIOS should I consider?

Also, I am planning on running Minix with the 32 bit upgrades on it - has anyone
run that beastie on a 386sx?  Will I have any problems? (again, aside from
speed issues)?

Thanks in advance!--
Thomas V. Frauenhofer, WA2YYW	ccicpg!cci632!tvf at uunet.uu.net	tvf1477 at ma.isc.rit.edu
"Why don't you try acting?  It's much easier."
	- Laurence Olivier to Dustin Hoffman during filming of "Marathon Man"