NFS for ESIX

Ralph Engwall engwall at mtha.usc.edu
Sun Sep 16 07:25:49 AEST 1990

   I'd like to get comments from anybody who's had experience using
ESIX's NFS to link to Suns or other Unix platforms.  I've been running
ESIX Rev C TCP/IP for Telnet and FTP links with Suns here on our ethernet
and it seems to work well.  My next step will be to upgrade to Rev D and get
the ESIX NFS package going.  The ultimate goal is to get NFS running on an
ESIX 486 system and try it out as a low cost server for some of our slower
Suns (3/50s and 60s).  Before I dive into this I thought I'd check with the
net to see if anybody has tried this yet, or am I nuts ;)  I'll sum up
to the net if there's enough interest.