Pcomm / A ProComm lookalike

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at jpradley.jpr.com
Fri Feb 1 06:10:46 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan29.044338.25509 at portia.Stanford.EDU> fangchin at portia.Stanford.EDU (Chin Fang) writes:
>In addition, xcmalt by James A. Woods may fit your bill too.  It is available
>as a public domain software and it's author actively supports it.
>If there are enough interest, I will post xcmalt whose author is a really
>nice fellow. Meanwhile I will save bandwidth.

James A. Woods is not the author of xcmalt. He's responsible for the
"shellshark" format (self-extracting compressed ascii) that I have used to
mail xcmalt out to various persons.

There's no single "author" for the program, but I've been issuing all the
releases and making all the changes, from 2.0 to the present 2.9; I refer
to myself as xcmalt's "caretaker" in the README file.
I have more changes planned before I release it to this net, but I will gladly
mail the current sources to anyone.

 Jean-Pierre Radley   NYC Public Unix   jpr at jpradley.jpr.com   CIS: 72160,1341