System V/386 groff distribution

mhoffos at janus.mtroyal.ab.ca mhoffos at janus.mtroyal.ab.ca
Sun Jan 13 19:07:10 AEST 1991

In article <6877 at crash.cts.com>, jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
> mauro at netcom.UUCP (Mauro DePalma) writes:
>> So far I received 3 mail messages which pretty much condemn my actions
>> and 7 which applaud them.
>
> Make that four.
Add my vote to the applause.

>> I know very well that it is expensive to receive news; I also cannot
>> individually e-mail this distribution. There was a need for it judging
>> from the number of articles posted asking for a 'working' groff
>>
>>   I knew that I wouldn't make everyone happy, I don't even try.
>
> Instead of cluttering the discussion with it, you could have said it was
> available for anonymous ftp on a site.  That would have made a majority of the
> people here happy.
>
>      // JCA
>
>  /*
>  **--------------------------------------------------------------------------*
>  ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | What to buy?
>  ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | EISA or MCA?
>  ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | When will the bus wars end?
>  ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca
>  **--------------------------------------------------------------------------*
>  */

Just as a matter of record, FTP sites are just about *non-existent* in Canada
(relative to the number of computer sites here; as an aside how many of you
know that Calgary has more computers/CPUs per capita than any other city in the
world?) due to the overwhelming costs in maintaining the lines etc.  Perhaps
there should be a site that has both FTP and dial-in access (uunet is
prohibitively expensive for most human beings).

Mike Hoffos
mhoffos at janus.mtroyal.ab.ca
(MRC is a community college in Calgary)

Disclaimer:	Mount Royal College doesn't speak for me, and I *certainly*
		don't speak for them.