Remote Printing Over SCO TCP/IP?

Rick Farris rfarris at rfengr.com
Mon May 20 06:45:03 AEST 1991

I'm trying to figure out how to automatically print on a
printer attached to another host.

I have your typical TCP/IP network, with a laser printer
attached to one of the hosts on the net.  I'm running SCO
UNIX and SCO Open Desktop, which use a Locus-based tcp/ip.

I have rcp, rcmd and rlogin available. (I even have a
man-page for rprint, but rprint is a Xenix-Net or LM/X
command.)

I've been rcp'ing files to the printer-host and then
rcmd'ing a print command.  Is there a more straightforward
way to do this remote printing?  Has anyone written any
clever shell scripts to implement the "rprint" function?

--
Rick Farris  RF Engineering POB M Del Mar, CA 92014  voice (619) 259-6793
rfarris at rfengr.com     ...!ucsd!serene!rfarris      serenity bbs 259-7757