SCSI adapters for UNIX

Jay Ts jay at metran.UUCP
Sat May 18 15:22:20 AEST 1991

I am in the process of deciding between Adaptec and Future Domain for
the SCSI controller in a client's ISC 2.2 system.  I have an Adaptec
1542b in my own, but am unimpressed with Adaptec's technical support.
(I have SCSICNTL.EXE and the other stuff from adaptex, and that's great,
but it's the phone support I'm concerned with.)

All in all, would anyone recommend the Future Domain controller above
Adaptec?  How's their technical support?

Also, there was mention once or twice in this group of an "Adaptec clone"
that was a lot less expensive, and maybe even better supported.  I'm afraid
I missed the details; can someone bring me up to date on that?

- Jay Ts
uunet!pdn!tscs!metran!jay