SIGPWR signal in system v

Bruce Sterling Woodcock woodcock at mentor.cc.purdue.edu
Tue May 7 16:47:50 AEST 1991

In article <1991May6.112253.5344 at cs.tcd.ie>, ohurley at cs.tcd.ie (Oisin Hurley) writes:
> Does anybody out there have information on the SYS V SIGPWR signal? The man
> says that this signal occurs if there's a power failure.

I think I remember it on the Silicon Graphics IRIS running SYSV 3.3.1 IRIX
I played with for a while.  Anyway, I don't know if it had any battery or
special power supply... I don't *think* it did but I don't know... anyway,
it did send a SIGPWR once to one of my processes which logged it, but I made
no provision for it, and the system then actually rebooted, so my process was
lost.  No second SIGPWR signal or anything that I know of.

Note not to take my words as gospel; this was a while back and I wasn't
paying exact attention to what happened.

Bruce

--
|    woodcock at mentor.cc.purdue.edu    | "That's Bruce for ya, always jumping |
|       sirbruce at gnu.ai.mit.edu       |    on the bandwagon, even if it's    |