Using MS-DOS with the UNIX* system ?

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Sat May 4 23:25:18 AEST 1991

grant at bluemoon.uucp (Grant DeLorean) writes:

> Why not just get the the UNIX version of WP and be done with it? No problems,
>no hassles and actually less cost than having enough DOS version licenses
>to have several people legally using it at once. It is also less strain
>on system resources since there isn't the VP/ix overhead to deal with. I

I agree :)  I actually made it through this last semester using WP 5.0
for UNIX on this machine

>don't get why so many people are anxious to slam WP, the company provides
>good support free of charge (at least the UNIX division) and a product
>that does what it is supposed to do and does it well. I won't even go
>into the fact that the folks complaining probably bought one DOS license
>and are complaining about it not supporting 10 users at once over a
>network...

Single user WP for UNIX is the same price as single user WP DOS.  Support,
as you mentioned is free.  I called about the "viewing printed pages
under the print menu" not working, and I had a replacement copy of WP in
my hands 4 days later.  I'm quite pleased with the Unix release of Word
Perfect.

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis