Nethack color??? (Help)

Tim Wright tim at dell.co.uk
Tue May 7 19:11:08 AEST 1991

In <2765 at optima.cs.arizona.edu> cjeffery at optima.UUCP (Clinton Jeffery) writes:

>From article <1991May3.194524.532 at vax1.mankato.msus.edu>, by geoff at vax1.mankato.msus.edu:
>> 	I know this question has been raised before but...
>> How do you get color working [for SysV/386] in nethack 3p9?

>Perhaps this belongs in a FAQ.  The UNIX SysV/386 consoles require the
>color bytes to be sent out in a different ORDER than nethack sends 'em.
>Once you find the right piece of code (there are fourteen thousand
>identical printf's that send out color codes #ifdef'ed under different
>machines/OS'es) its a two line fix, tops.

Complete rubbish. Nethack (3.0 ...) works fine, *in colour*, without changes
under System V/386 (at least ISC and SCO varieties). All you need to do is set
'standout' in your NETHACKOPTIONS.

followups to rec.games.hack

Tim
Tim Wright, Dell Computer Corp., Bracknell    |  Domain: tim at dell.co.uk
Berkshire, UK, RG12 1RW. Tel: +44-344-860456  |  Uucp: ...!ukc!delluk!tim
Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast - Red Dwarf