wanted: UNIX or clone

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Fri May 3 03:36:02 AEST 1991

evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:

>using standard AT&T filesystems. Unusual ones like ISC's or ESIX's FFS
>would need special drivers.

ok, so they (it) works with the stock AT&T filesystem -

>WordPerfect, Lotus 123, and a bunch of others -- on ESIX. The customers
>are happy. We've developed a fairly extensive catalogue of software
>which we have tested are prepared to support under ESIX, and there isn't
>much missing that you'd expect to find.

but the software isn't supported from the vendors - and like I said -
Word Perfect doesn't support their product on ESIX - so if a problem
develops - you could be on your own

>Where do you buy from? The only versions available from my suppliers
>are for "SCO Xenix" and "Generic 386 UNIX".

Softsell (MicroD)

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis