Using cu with rz/sz? Can't be done?

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.uucp
Thu May 16 08:17:05 AEST 1991

In article <1991May15.160145.28400 at chinet.chi.il.us> les at chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:
>>My advice is to forget cu and try ecu or pcomm.
>
>Has anyone gotten either of these to work right under AT&T's SysVr3?
>Pcomm compiles OK but there is a problem with the screen positioning
>on the console and I'm not sure if it works with modems that don't
>keep carrier detect up all the time - it doesn't on a 3B2, anyway.

I use pcomm occasionally on my Esix (sysvr3) system.  It's OK, but
not quite like the DOS Procomm it emulates (not nearly as snappy).

I also use it to configure modems...  but it's a paain because it
changes register settings during the init.  I guess I could set up
a modem setting line without anything on it, or maybe an at Z...

What do the rest of you use for easy communications with your modems
for setting registers, etc?

bill

--
bill at unixland.uucp                 The Think_Tank BBS & Public Access Unix