INTEL SVR4 2.0 vt and nfs broblems

Petri Alhola petri at digiw.fi
Wed May 22 23:36:44 AEST 1991

I have been running INTEL SVR4 2.0 and havd few problems. Generaly the
system works finely, i got the network running, i can run X clients
over the network to ISC X server and i can mount SVR4 filesystem to ISC
UNIX. I had some problems in installation, mostly becouse the streamer
tape model identification strings was HARD CODED IN KRENEL. To install
from tape i needed to binary patch kernel to get accepting my streamer.
there was also something starange in tape controll utility. Then problems ...

1. I can't open new virtual terminals, newvt and X11 says "No vts available"
   if i run vtlmgr and use <alt+ SysReq><fn> it just says beeb.
   May be that the problem is in kernel konfiguration, waht i sould configure
   in it. ??? .

2. I can't mount filesystem from ISC UNIX 2.2

mount -f nfs digiw:/usr2 /usr2
nfs mount: digiw:/usr2 server not responding: RPC: Authentication error; why = I
nvalid client credential
nfs mount: retrying: /usr2
nfs mount: digiw:/usr2 server not responding: RPC: Authentication error; why = I
nvalid client credential

Petri
petri at digiw.fi