UPS

Michael L. Gantz gantzm at gantz.bowlgreen.oh.us
Wed May 22 13:05:50 AEST 1991

rfarris at rfengr.com (Rick Farris) writes:

> In article <1991May20.173008.3653 at ico.isc.com> rcd at ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) wr
>
> > Seriously...we've been 'round the UPS discussion a time or
> > two, but only lightly; it wouldn't hurt to run it again
> > with updates.
>
> Ok, here's my question for the UPS FAQ:
>
> I want to have an hour's worth of UPS capacity.  If the
> power goes down, I don't want anything to happen for 45
> minutes, then, IF THE POWER HASN'T COME BACK ON, I want to
> start shutting down.  If the power has come back on, I want
> it to be transparent to the computer.
>
> Do any commercial UPS hardware/software packages support
> this mode?
>
> --
> Rick Farris  RF Engineering POB M Del Mar, CA 92014  voice (619) 259-6793
> rfarris at rfengr.com     ...!ucsd!serene!rfarris      serenity bbs 259-7757

        Sure the 'Best' UPS line and their software 'CheckUPS' will
do this.  But, depending on how much hardware you have, 45 minutes
may be asking for a lot.....  If you need more info give them a call
at 1-800-356-5794 (Best Power Technology, Inc.)

Note: Not affiliated with Best, but well impressed.
---

Michael L. Gantz         | gantzm at gantz.bowlgreen.oh.us
213 Napoleon Rd.         | osu-cis!bgsuvax!gantz!gantzm
Bowling Green, Oh 43402  | Mellon!  I had only to speak the Elvish word for
(419) 353-5029           | friend and the doors opened.  - J.R.R. Tolkien