UNIX WordPerfect Terminal Database

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Wed May 8 22:59:38 AEST 1991

->
->In article <1991May4.125515.8831 at pegasus.com> richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:
->>I'll bet their termcrap database is some inscrutable binary format just
->>to keep mere mortals away.
->
->Yes, the "source" file is binary, and the compiled version is, um,
->"binarier".
->
->Is curses sufficiently broken on enough platforms supported by WP that
->they had to go and write their own?
->
->The biggest problem I see with the approach they took is that you have
->to use their terminal database editor to modify or create an entry.
->Since the editor is a screen-oriented application which uses their
->terminal database, you can't use it unless you have a functioning
->description of the terminal you're on...

While that does seem brain-dead, in practice you only have to get moderately
"close" in order to be able to use the utility.   Like any ansi or Vtxxx is
good enough since they rely on few things like arrow keys.

Neal Rhodes                       MNOP Ltd                     (404)- 972-5430
President                Lilburn (atlanta) GA 30247             Fax:  978-4741
                             emory!mnopltd!neal
                         gatech!emory!mnopltd!neal