DPT controller?

Robert B. Tate rbt at tous.uucp
Wed May 15 09:51:10 AEST 1991

I am planning to install a DPT SmartCache (ESDI) disk controller with 4.5
megs of cache this weekend (with a PRIAM ID330-E (model 638) 338Meg
drive). The system is a Microport SysV.3.0e, Wyse 3216 16MHZ i386 and
10Meg of ram. After every thing has been working for a week or so, I will
install the Maxtor 330Meg 330 meg drive, which has been running on a
Adaptec ACB-2322 (B?) for the past 2 years.

Does anyone know _anything_ I sould know?

FYI:
Under MS-DOS, the disk & controller look VERY fast! (I hope it is as fast
under UNIX. When TOUS is baching up outgoing news, it takes for *ever*
for me to get anything done!)

Norten Ver. 4.5 SI, Disk Index = 30.2
CoreTest v2.7;
	data transfer rate: 1539.1 KB/sec.
	Average Seek time : 0.3 ms (1022 cyls)
	Track-Track Seek  : 0.3 ms (  ''  )
	Performance Index : 175.498
	Transfer Block Size:  64K

--
 rbt at tous.UUCP             Robert B. Tate | A little knowledge is a dangerous
 {ucf-cs,peora,uunet}!tarpit!tous!rbt     | thing. Any less can kill you.