SCO problems with NFS (have you noticed any?)

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Thu May 30 01:35:36 AEST 1991

Going back to the subject line, "bugs in SCO NFS", I have located two.
The first is that the rename system call doesn't work on an NFS filesystem;
you have to link the file to the new name and unlink the old one.  (This
first turned up in RCS, coincidentally enough--see earlier postings.)

The second, which I find quite annoying, is that VP/ix cannot "see" the
files on mounted NFS filesystems.  If there's an existing patch to
correct this problem, I'd love to hear about it.  Our LAN has about
10 gigabytes of DOS-related files on Novell servers, and I'd like to
be able to access them from VP/ix under SCO Unix 3.2.2.

-rich