Gcc or the like. Help!

leo at aai.com leo at aai.com
Fri May 10 03:30:02 AEST 1991

bpp3560 at isc.rit.edu (B.P. Pedranti ) writes:

>    Hello all. I don't know if this is the correct group, but here goes.
>I am using a system(386-25 4megs. EGA) that is running Interactive 386.
>It does not have the software development kit with it, hence no
>compiler. My quetion is; Can I get GCC Binaries for my machine? Is there
>any way to cross-compile it(with SUN OS or ULTRIX [mips])? Is it
>possible for someone could send me a compiled version. Any help will be
>appr. Thank-you.

Maybe this should go in the FAQ posting?!  The GCC distribution does not
currently include any header files or libraries - so you have to already
have a software development system to be able to compile and link your
programs.  Having just the compiler binary won't do you much good.
--
Leo	leo at aai.com   leo%aai at uunet.uu.net   ...uunet!aai!leo