Logitech Serial Mouseman under ISC 2.2/X11?

Rob Scott zeke at chiton.ucsd.edu
Thu May 30 16:54:59 AEST 1991

I recently upgraded my system to a 33 mhz 386, and decided to go with
a serial Logitech Mouseman (right handed version) instead of a Bus version.
The long and short of it is: I can't get X11 (ISC Version 1.2) to initialize.
I get a message about being unable to contact the mouse, or some such.
I haven't tried hacking on this too hard yet, as I figured that one of
you savants out here on the net would probably have the lowdown on the
driver compatibility of this "new" mouse design from Logitech.

By the way, the mouse does work correctly under VP/IX when the Logitech
DOS driver is initialized in the autoexec.bat file.  The mouse is on
/dev/tty01, and the entry in the inittab is turned off so that nothing
else should have locked the device.

Thanks in advance.
Rob

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-   cat std.disclaimer >>worth$0.02  -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Rob Scott					zeke%mpl at ucsd.edu
System Administrator, Marine Physical Lab	(619) 534-8588
Scripps Institution of Oceanography