Misinterpretation of LUID was Re: SCO License security - another flame

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Sat May 25 14:21:06 AEST 1991

In article <9105241152.aa10661 at art-sy.detroit.mi.us> chap at art-sy.detroit.mi.us (j chapman flack) writes:
>Try su'ing to the ID of a pseudo-user and using crontab to update that user's
>cron table.  You can't do it.  "You must run crontab under your login UID."

You know, it's really amusing watching people post incorrect information.
Only slightly less amusing than that is watching people post outdated
information.

Read my photons:  if you get the C2 SLS "fixit" disk from SCO, you will not
have that problem.  Period.  End of discussion.  I applied it, on kithrup,
as soon as I found out about it (which was about two weeks after it was made
available, dammit, gotta do something about that internal communication
network 8-)), and immediately star'red out the uucp and news accounts.  Yet,
I continue to modify their crontab files.

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."