SCO Unix and Archive tape drives.

Dick Hacking dick at starfish.Convergent.COM
Sat May 25 04:55:25 AEST 1991

In <1991May21.063625.20549 at viscar.uucp> gph at viscar.uucp (Gerard Hickey) writes:

>I recently bought an Archive 2060 tape drive, and I have been having major
>problems trying to make it work. Does anyone out there have the beast working
>with SCO UNIX 3.2?

>I got the device driver for the tape drive installed fine, but everytime I
>access the drive, it causes my kernel to panic!!!

I have not seen a kernel panic, but we had a lot of
difficulties with Archive tape drives in all platforms when
the firmware on the drive was not up to the latest revision
level. If the firmware in your drive is 21247-005 or less
GET IT UPDATED. I consider -006 the minimum acceptable
revision for *any* OS and we (Unisys) are currently shipping
-011 firmware.

Dick.