AT&T SVR4 and 1542B

Heiko Blume Heiko.Blume at sunbrk.FidoNet.Org
Sun May 26 06:27:57 AEST 1991

tin at smsc.sony.com (Tin Le) writes:
>  I've been informed by Dell that they have a customer who is using the
>1740 with their SVR4 and their machine.  However, he has to use the
>1542B emulation mode of the card as there is no driver for the 1740
>native mode.  That's too bad because you won't get any benefits that
>EISA and the 1740 (possibly) offers.  IMHO, it's a waste of money.

that is not correct, the 1740 will do 32bit DMA in both modes.
--
   Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93 [voice!]
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]:

 * Origin: Seaeast - Fidonet<->Usenet Gateway - sunbrk (1:343/15.0)