Buying UNIX for a clone

Robert White rwhite at nusdecs.uucp
Wed May 1 04:06:19 AEST 1991

Eh, I dont *write* device drivers for a living, but I have
been screwed by my fair share (or more 8-)...

In article <1991Apr29.131717.21093 at rwwa.COM> witr at rwwa.COM (Robert Withrow) writes:
>The bottom line is that the SVR4 documentation is spotty.  It goes on
>at great length about things (IMHO) no one gives a damn about (like
>FMLI) and is annoyingly silent about things that matter (like
>streams-based terminal drivers).

The AT&T authorized manuals from prentice hall seemed prety
detailed.  I saw them at my local book store.  One of the
books was a how-to for kernel modules which included the
structures for STREAMS Terminal drivers and like that.  It
also had things like how to add poll(2) capibility to a non-
STREAMS driver, with programming examples.

It was a deep and muddy green set of books whose titles were
taken directly from the manual set offered by AT&T (or so it
seemed) but it had some of the information that I have only been
able to get form AT&T in the Xroxed-sheaf-of-papers format.

Hey, Id Est.
Rob.