Dialup SLIP

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Thu May 16 23:42:42 AEST 1991

uri at watson.ibm.com (Uri Blumenthal) writes:

>The best would be - if I just could run something like "slconfig -detach",
>or whatever, and the port would become free for cu, uucp, etc...  And of
>course, when I need SLIP -  I want to be able to do smth like "slattach"
>and be off with it...Does it provide such capabilities?

that is how ISC's 2.21 works - the port can be shared with SLIP,
along with normal UUCP, shell and BBS users - but the problem with ISC
is that it only supports on SLIP connection at any given time -

On the other hand, we have Dell SVR4 here - and it supports up to
16 concurrent SLIP connections at any one time - but we haven't tried
it (as of yet).

--
      Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287/317-251-7391
                         HST/PEP/V.32/v.32bis/v.42bis