Getting FAS to work with 3.2.2

Randy Suess randy at chinet.chi.il.us
Wed May 8 00:46:26 AEST 1991

In article <1991May7.022429.16710 at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> puglia at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu writes:
]Has anybody gotten FAS to work with ATT 3.2.2?  I can get the fas.c program
]to compile, but have been unable to get the kernel to link after I add
]the entry for it in the sdevices file.  The kernel linking process fails with
]the message:
]ld: Driver.o cannot open ELF file.

	Sounds like you are trying to compile with the "Standard"
	development system, which is their ANSI compiler meant for
	sysvr4.  R4 uses ELF, not COFF format for linking.  You need the
	"C software development set 4.1.?", which is the standard compiler
	most other UNIX's use.

	-randy
--
Randy Suess