AT&T SysV Rel 4.0 - SCSI Complaints

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Tue May 14 11:16:51 AEST 1991

gantzm at gantz.bowlgreen.oh.us (gantzm) writes:

>        As the original poster of this wonderful mess, is this modification
>easy?<Don't laugh too hard>  I'm a new system administrator, and sort
>of know what I'm doing, enough to be dangerous I guess.

Editing the disk requires a binary edit utility.  This shouldn't be too hard
if you have such a utility.  Changing the entries in the real system
is a simple change to one (or two if you are changing the tape entry also)
space.c file under /etc/conf/pack.d/????  (I don't remember the exact name
of the directory but it is something like st?? for the tape driver and
sc?? or sd?? for the disk driver).

--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170