Dialup SLIP

-Jeff Ellis jde at everex.uucp
Wed May 8 05:19:13 AEST 1991

In article <1991May3.214317.3788 at unixland.uucp> bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>How is this done?  You somehow initiate a dial, establish a connection,
>and then you can do TCP/IP stuff?  like telnet, rlogin, ftp, etc?  What
>hardware and software is required for this?  I don't think SLIP comes
>with ESIX;  is it available elsewhere for a "reasonable" price?

SLIP does come with Esix 3.2 Rev D and with Esix 4.0.3 Rev A. The 4.0
version is MUCH better than the 3.2 version. Also Intel published the source
for their SLIP for 4.0. Hardware required is a direct serial line or a modem.
We have tested our SLIP with Everex 2400 MNP modems and Telebits. Other modems
should also work.

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V
                        UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde