Using cu with rz/sz? Can't be done?

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US
Wed May 15 03:27:12 AEST 1991

In article <240 at sos.com> osvaldo at sos.com  (Osvaldo Gold) writes:
>In article <677 at genco.bungi.com> dls at genco.bungi.com (Dave L. Smith) writes:
>>I have tried all sorts of contortions with rz/sz to make them work from
>>within cu on SCO Xenix 386, with no luck.  Does anyone have any ideas?
>Try this.  It works for me under ODT 1.1.  Allow me to give my example using
>xmodem since I don't remember how the rz/sz combo works.
> [example deleted]

Cu leaves it's receive process alive, eating some to most of data
(like acks or data frames) coming to your system.  Since both cu
and rz/sz/whatever will both have reads up at various instants,
some incoming data goes to cu, some to the xfer program.  This is,
of course, not good.

My advice is to forget cu and try ecu or pcomm.