TCP/IP/Novell/terminal emulator for Wollongong

Todd Ogasawara todd at pinhead.pegasus.com
Wed May 1 11:35:04 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr29.215557.10095 at pinhead.pegasus.com> todd at pinhead.pegasus.com (Todd Ogasawara) writes:
]I am using Wollongong's WIN/TCP for DOS to talk to my UNIX box from
]a Novell network via Wollongong's WIN/ROUTE for DOS (this routes the
]encapsulated TCP/IP packets within an IPX packet to get to my UNIX box).
]The problem is that the vt100 emulator that is used by both the telnet and
]rlogin software from Wollongong has a few problems and I would like to use
]another terminal emulator. Wollongong allows you to use another emulator.
]However, the software must go through interrupt 14. I don't have anything
]that does that (Kermit, Procomm, etc.).

Thanks to the many people who set me sent e-mail telling me the answer to
my problems. Good ol' MS Kermit 3.10 (which I already had) did the trick.

I call Kermit from the Wollongong MS-DOS software using the command

	telnet -e kermit hostname

or a batch file containing the lines

	rlogin hostname -e -l username
	kermit

and have

	SET PORT BIOS1

in my MSKERMIT.INI file (along with my normal setup).

Now everything works just fine. Thanks again to everyone who responded!

--
Todd Ogasawara ::: Hawaii Medical Service Association
Internet       ::: todd at pinhead.pegasus.com
Telephone      ::: (808) 536-9162 ext. 7