Screen colors & terminfo trivia

Victor Gavin vic at grep.co.uk
Thu May 30 19:50:28 AEST 1991

In article <7667 at spdcc.SPDCC.COM> rbraun at spdcc.COM (Rich Braun) writes:
>I want this thing to be portable across Unix platforms, and am
>therefore using terminfo routine calls.  But I'd like to duplicate
>the "look and feel" from DOS, at least for the console terminal of
>an SCO system.  It appears to me that terminfo isn't powerful enough
>to handle this without adding extra attributes, and I don't have
>any example applications which try to do this (the source code to
>'ecu' does some of this but doesn't try to go crazy with multiple
>colors).

I have version of CURSES for PC's which is sort-of-like System V
CURSES. It definitely handles colour in a portable way, which might be
a better way to go if you want proper unix/dos portability.

Mail me if you're interested -- I can supply some example code which
uses CURSES colour stuff if you want to have a look...

			vic

--
Victor Gavin <vic at grep.co.uk||..!ukc!logitek!grep!vic||..!ukc!vision!grep!vic>