SCO ODT on Multiprocessor Systems

Ken Harris harris at miller.cs.uwm.edu
Mon May 6 11:58:33 AEST 1991

I am running stock ODT on a multiprocessor 486 system.
The X11 stuff seems to be working OK so far. However;
last week I was told that running ODT on a multiprocessor
system was not a good idea. That the software had lots
of problems when the Multiprocessor Extension (MPX) is
installed. Is any one else doing this? Do anyone know
what awefull things might happen to  me? So far I have been
using this for about a month and have not had anything
unsually happen (ie. no crashes, panics, lockups, cores or
the like).