Using cu with rz/sz? Can't be done?

Roger Cornelius rac at sherpa.UUCP
Sat May 18 07:24:51 AEST 1991

In article <677 at genco.bungi.com> dls at genco.bungi.com (Dave L. Smith) writes:
>I have tried all sorts of contortions with rz/sz to make them work from
>within cu on SCO Xenix 386, with no luck.  Does anyone have any ideas?

This works with a cu which supports ~+.  The cu on SCO UNIX does but
the XENIX one does not.  From the cu manual page:

      ~+cmd...        run cmd on the local system (via sh -c),
                      with both  standard  input and  standard
                      output of cmd redirected  to  the remote
                      system.
--
Roger Cornelius          rac at sherpa.UUCP         uunet!sherpa!rac