VPIX and LPT1: and VGA

Nathan D. Lane nlane at well.sf.ca.us
Thu May 30 15:04:23 AEST 1991

In article <#M3+PGM at jwt.UUCP> john at jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:
>>   The theory is that if you remove vga.rom it will load the rom from the
>>   card and then you can set any mode you want .. is this true ????
>
>It works on some cards, but I think others have problems.
>--
>John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)

My additional problem in this story about removing commenting from vga.rom -
it doesn't work right!  When I comment out vga.rom, VP/ix boots and then
tries to boot my SCSI bios instead of the VGA bios!  It may boot the VGA,
but then I guess VP/ix goes and looks for anymore BIOS's it can boot and finds
my SCSI.  It dies after that.  (So bad I have to reboot Unix - via a cold
reset - fsck doesn't like that at all!)  Is there a way to config VP/ix
to look ONLY for the VGA bios and not any additional BIOS in the system?

Nathan Lane						nlane at well.sf.ca.us
Digital Technology Service				(805) 683-3760
5370 Hollister Avenue
Santa Barbara, CA
					But I *am* the reseller...click
Authorized Esix, Real World Accounting Reseller