xfig with X386

Scott Evernden scotte at applix.com
Thu May 9 00:36:25 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr14.140430.23712 at metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU> dawes at suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) writes:
<I've had a problem with xfig causing the X386 server to crash.  This happens
<when I use Roell's binaries on an ESIX Rev D system (with ET4000 VGA).  xfig
<runs fine when the line thickness is set to zero, but drawing something
<with the line thickness greater than zero causes the server to crash.  When it
<crashes, the display gets stuck in graphics mode.  Its possible to switch
<to another vt, but you can't see what you type.

Ditto on SVR4 / ET4000.  And not just xfig.
X386 seems to not like fat lines at all...

-scott