SCO Unix sendmail initialization problem

Tim Wright tim at dell.co.uk
Tue May 28 22:10:33 AEST 1991

In <1991May27.143614.7239 at sco.COM> david at sco.COM (David Fiander) writes:

>MMDF is only better that sendmail in one (very important) way:  normal
>human beings can understand how to configure it in about 15 minutes, and
>can read the configuration files without having the manual beside them.
>Aside from that, MMDF and Sendmail solve basically the same problem in
>basically the same way.

Don't undersell it :-) Blatant MMDF plug. It also supports authorisation by
channel. This is useful if you have "free" links and "paying" links or you
happen to have a few international modem links that you don't want people
to use as gateways. As you say the real advantage is human-readable
configs. There also seem to be fewer buggy versions around.

Tim
Tim Wright, Dell Computer Corp., Bracknell    |  Domain: tim at dell.co.uk
Berkshire, UK, RG12 1RW. Tel: +44-344-860456  |  Uucp: ...!ukc!delluk!tim
Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast - Red Dwarf