Unix vendors in general/Esix

Brian J. Murrell brian at bjm.wimsey.bc.ca
Tue May 7 14:36:49 AEST 1991

nlane at well.sf.ca.us (Nathan D. Lane) writes:

>Our company has just started selling Unix software and the hardware to
>run it on due to my insistence and unix experience - we chose Esix
>primarily because of support policies; but that's not the point of this.

>I must say that there are standards for Unix software - the standard
>set by AT&T - not SCO, not Interactive, not Esix.  Why don't vendors
        ^^^^
I surely hope that when you say "the standard set by AT&T" you mean the
various open systems consortiums to which AT&T belongs, and not AT&T
the single.

My point here is that why should one company get to set the standards
by which we all live and compute by?

LONG LIVE OPEN SYSTEMS!!

--
          /  /    /  /|  /|  (604)520-3808           uunet!van-bc!bjm!brian