RAND (MH) Mail Documentation

P Tyers tyers at trlluna.trl.oz
Thu Apr 21 10:38:11 AEST 1988

Having just installed Ultrix32 V2.2 on our newly acquired VAX3600's
I decided to try out the "supported product" ULTMH022, the Rand Mail Handler
MH. As usual the load went well BUT no man entries and no paper manuals that
I can find. OK we have a DECsupport contract - contact DEC in Australia -
referred to their despatch department - 'If its not on the packing list you
dont get it!' was the only answer. ALL THIS FOR $A1000 per month.

Extinquish flamethrower --- My serious query, has anybody located the manuals
for MH under Ultrix V2.2 or do I have to get them from an ftp or equivalent
source? Did DEC foul it up? As supplied whatis indicates manual entries exist
in sections 1, 5 and 8 (the latter I will not swear to). However no man
entries exist, catman deletes the erroneous references. Have I missed something?

I live in hope and thanks in advance

P Tyers,	           JANET tyers%trlluna.oz at uk.ac.ucl.cs
ACSnet 	tyers at trlluna.oz   UUCP {uunet,hplabs,ukc}!munnari!trlluna.oz!tyers
CSnet	tyers at trlluna.oz   ARPAnet tyers%trlluna.oz at uunet.uu.net
MAIL: Telecom Research Laboratories, P.O. Box 249, Clayton, VICTORIA 3168,AUST

[ I have installed MH 6.4 which I obtained from the 4.3 BSD tape.  It
  came with a full set of manual pages.  I also have the three inch stack
  of paper documentation which came with MH 6.1 from the University of
  California at Irvine.  If you don't find documentation anywhere else,
  I will be glad to arrange copies of either or both for you.   -- Art Z. ]