Name Servers on Ultrix...

Gregg Thompson greggt at vax1.cc.uakron.edu
Fri Dec 23 03:51:40 AEST 1988

	Ok, how does one go about getting mail, telnet, ftp, finger, and
all other internet related programs to recognize a name server???
	Here at the U of Akron, we have a name server running (the one
from ucbvax).  We are in the process of getting a new sendmail with IDA
but problems are arising because of the inconsistencies between Ultrix and
BSD (any help with the new sendmail running on Ultrix with IDA would be
GREATFULLY APPRECIATED!)
	Now what about finger, telnet, ftp, and other programs that use
internet in one form or another.  How do we get these programs to recognize
the name server???

						GRegg Thompson
						greggt at vax1.cc.uakron.edu
--
"To live is to die, to die is to live forever!" -me