Ultrix 3.0 - how and when?

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
Fri Dec 23 03:59:34 AEST 1988

Well, my Ultrix 3.0 upgrade tapes finally showed up today.  From reading
the release notes, it doesn't look too bad, the worst pain being that DEC
has decided not to support my perfectly good RM80 system disk. I mean,
really it works great and is small enough I can dedicate it to this function
without feeling guilty about wasting space.  Oh well.

Has anybody out there tried this 3.0 stuff?  It's been awful quiet compared
to when 2.2 came out.  Hard to tell if it's a problem with the news group
or just inactivity.  I'd really like to see the group be made unmoderated
so we could get the propagation delay down to a day or two...

[ OK -- you're right.  I'll ask the Powers That Be to do that.   -- Art Z. ]