Submission for comp-unix-ultrix (Sendmail)

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.dec.com
Sat Dec 31 02:23:15 AEST 1988

1. Let's have better subject lines than "Submission for ....."

	[ Oops.  My fault.  Sorry....	-- Art Z. ]

2. Sendmail....  You need to play with your sendmail.cf file.
There are a handful distributed with ultrix in /usr/src/usr.lib/sendmail/cf
directory.  You seem to be using one that assume uucp connections.  You want
one that doesn't.  Not having your sendmail.cf in front of me this is the
bext I can do.   What is happening is that a rule somewhere says something
like

I suggest running sendmail in debug mode to see who is putzing around with
the address

Fred