Submission for comp-unix-ultrix

Tony Burzio burzio at mmlai.UUCP
Fri Dec 23 03:56:26 AEST 1988

I am having difficulties with sending mail from ULTRIX V2.0-1
to other UNIX machines.  The address originally was specified
in the username at system SMTP format.  When the mail is delivered,
however, the return path is in the system!username UUCP format.
Since the return path should take the SMTP path, replying to the
message causes sendmail to quite rightly complain "UUCP host name
xxxxx not recognized at this site".  Does anyone know how to stop
this behaviour?