f77 fort compiling

G.Pavlov pavlov at hscfvax.UUCP
Sun Dec 4 01:59:03 AEST 1988

In article <71177 at felix.UUCP>, mal at hjuxa.UUCP writes:

> >  We have some compiling problems compiling f-77 code under fort.
>
> 	Tho I can't remember the details, f77 does some stange
> 	things with symbols.  DEC does not claim that lk will link
> 	object created with f77.  It is unsupported.

  We've used both.  I don't know (and won't argue) whether or not f77 "does
  some strange things with symbols".  But what I can say is that fort will
  by you considerable performance improvement at the expense of portability.
  fort simply does not mix well with f77 or Ultrix C (maybe others as well;
  don't know because we haven't tried).

  greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny