Ultrix 2.3

Nancy Shoemaker nes at prcrs.UUCP
Sat Jul 30 06:34:40 AEST 1988

Well, so much for patch tapes.  The rumors about Ultrix 2.3 have
turned into tapes and release notes...  Our TK-50 and nine-track kits
arrived today.  [Has the Software Distribution Center solved its
problems?  We've two documentation update subscriptions, and we even
got the extra copies of the release notes!  After all the problems we
had with 1.2, 2.0 and 2.2 upgrades, maybe it's better when they keep
the date of the distribution a secret?]

The release notes don't map to the README file on the 6/8/88 patch
tape.  Each of them mentions at least one problem that the other
doesn't (uucico on the patch tape, dmz driver on the maintenance
release), but the kernel/file system changes from the patch tape seem
to be covered in the release notes.

I'm sending this note just in case some of you with software
maintenance contracts haven't yet seen your copy of 2.3.  I hope,
though, that the frustrating delivery delays are in DEC's past!